Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 1996 01:54:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Stratton <nathan@netrail.net>
To:        Chris Watson <scanner@webspan.net>
Cc:        Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>, Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, chris@usa.nai.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What about... was: Re: -Stable, credit card donations to FreeBSD, Inc.

On Sat, 8 Jun 1996, Chris Watson wrote:

> I have come around to that thinking myself since the day after i started
> my gripe about -stable sticking around. I think what we are seeing here is
> that FreeBSD has become so popular among corporate and mission critical
> places, That these places are run by suits or admins who are used to
> "commercial" grade OS's. Which FreeBSD pounds into the ground i believe.
> And these people are not grasping the concept of how little help you folks
> have. And that this is not a commercial OS. The comments of david and
> yourself and a few others the last week has projected a feeling that some
> of you are just burning out on this project. I would ahte to see that
> happen, and im hoping that if nothing else comes out of this that the core
> team gets more help and more donations of a financial nature to help
> lighten the enourmous load you guys have. Im quite comfortable now having
> gotten used to -stable for my ISP and taken it for granted that going back
> to the old way of just releasing snaps of the upcoming version at
> intervals of stability is the best way to go. I dont think theres much of
> a need to discuss the demise of -stable anymore. It's just to big of a
> monster to tackle right now with given resources.
> Besides if this -stable issue doesnt die soon im gonna have to start
> greping my mail and rm'ing anything with stable in it :)

We use FreeBSD for our routers and servers, we are not large but would
like to help in any way we can. Can someone setup a www page of what is
needed and a way for people to send money? I know that netrail and many
other ISPs would send you money and hardware for support if we just knew
what the needs were and had a way of say paying you via CC or something.

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Tracking the future today!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5
Email   sales@netrail.net                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34