Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 2002 09:17:10 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>, <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Anti virus software for FreeBSD ...

Actually, I was thinking of

http://www.f-prot.com/f-prot/products/fplin.html

We use the small business version in conjunction with the milter version
amavis and it works very well.  Updates are frequent and it has not crashed
or anything.

BUT, someone just pointed out, they now have a native FreeBSD version now!

One thing I would recommend if you are scanning customer email (no matter
which product you implement), dont rely on just one mail server.  There are
a number of ways to DoS these things deliberately and by accident... or at
least REALLY slow them down.  Using the milter version with sendmail its
quite easy to build redundant servers that will mitigate this at least.

         ---Mike