Date:      Sun, 04 Oct 1998 22:02:44 +0200
From:      Andre Oppermann <oppermann@pipeline.ch>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Upgrading Hackers to VMailer

Jonathan M. Bresler wrote:
> Vince Vielhaber wrote:
-snip-
> > Hmmm.  Why sendmail AND vmailer?  Qmail with could have done both
> > and with ezmlm (also from qmail) and its majordomo emulation the
> > whole thing would have been compatible with the original setup and
> > a whole lot simpler.  Just MHO.
>
>         i have not migrated our anti-spam measures to VMailer yet.
>         therefore we are using VMailer for outbound only.
>         once all outbound lists are VMailer, we *may* turn sendmail
>         off.
>
>         please read the web pages concerning the qmail vs VMailer issue.
>         Wietse addresses it better than i can.

Shure ;-) because he is neutral...

I have read the qmail vs. VMailer stuff from Wietse and must say that
he did not test fair. I'm using qmail for some time now (I'm even
hacking it to support LDAP) and must say it's a great peace of work.

I'm still waiting for VMailer-release to do a serious comparsion (also
performance wise) of both and to counter his comparsion.

Anyway, I consider them as overall equal with sometimes different
focus on weak spots. Competition is good (tm) and Dan is already
working on qmail 2.

--
Andre