Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 00:46:42 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Eduardo Viruena Silva <mrspock@esfm.ipn.mx>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sudden 2.2.6 reboot

On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Eduardo Viruena Silva wrote:
>
> > When my FreeBSD-2.2.6 box is displaying graphical information
> > (ghostscript, xdvi, gnuplot, ImageMagick, etc) it seems to
> > be allocating memory and freeing it.  It is ok.  But if I make
> > for too long, my system suddenly freezes and reboots.
> >
> > Do you have any idea of what is happening?
>
> Probably out of swap. Keep an eye on top or swapinfo while you're using
> these programs.

Thank you Mr. White,

I doubt it is swaping space, I think it is large enough.  (I'm including
my disklabel's output).  I will try to keep an eye on it anyway.  How can
I do it?  How can I know if my swap space is working fine?

Thanks for answering.

Best regards,

		-Eduardo.

# /dev/wd0s2:
type: ESDI
disk: wd0s2
label:
flags:
bytes/sector: 512
sectors/track: 63
tracks/cylinder: 64
sectors/cylinder: 4032
cylinders: 530
sectors/unit: 2136960
rpm: 3600
interleave: 1
trackskew: 0
cylinderskew: 0
headswitch: 0		# milliseconds
track-to-track seek: 0	# milliseconds
drivedata: 0

8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
  a:  1878912   258048    4.2BSD        0     0     0 	# (Cyl.   64 - 529)
  b:   258048        0      swap                    	# (Cyl.    0 - 63)
  c:  2136960        0    unused        0     0       	# (Cyl.    0 - 529)