Date:      Sun, 26 May 1996 23:34:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        scrappy@ki.net, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: copyright notice in /usr/src/lib/libc/stdtime missing?

> > 	As per the subject, should there be copyrights on those files?
>
> Yes.
>
> > If so, just the standard ones that are at the top of /usr/src/lib/libc/stdlib
> ?
> > or something different?  if its just that, I'll plug them in and close off
> > the associated PR...
>
> Sounds reasonable to me!

If that seems like a reasonable thing to do, then perhaps you should go
read some copyright law.

SkyRsh# cvs rlog asctime.c |& more

RCS file: /home/ncvs/src/lib/libc/stdtime/asctime.c,v
Working file: asctime.c.
----------------------------
revision 1.1
date: 1994/09/13 03:39:00;  author: wollman;  state: Exp;
branches:  1.1.1;
Initial revision
----------------------------
revision 1.1.1.1
date: 1994/09/13 03:39:01;  author: wollman;  state: Exp;  lines: +0 -0
The rest of tzcode94g from Arthur David Olson.

Obtained From: Arthur David Olson, ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/tzcode94g.tar.gz

You need to slap Garrett's hand for importing source code without a proper
copyright, then you need to contact Arthur David Olson and obtain a copy
of the files with a proper copyright placed by him in them, then import
these new versions into FreeBSD and handle the merge.

You just can't go slap arbitrary copyrights on peoples work, you asking
to get yourself, and FreeBSD Inc., into trouble.