Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 20:42:03 -0800
From:      Jake <jake@checker.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape45-communicator port broken

Ok, I got it installing and working; as good as netscape ever does I guess.
I had to do a little screwing around.

cd /usr/ports/www/netscape45-communicator;
make fetch;
make USE_128BIT=yes fetch;
make extract;
cd work;
tar zxvf /usr/ports/distfiles/Fortify-1.3.0-unix-x86.tar.gz;
cd ..;
make USE_128BIT=yes install;

and everything was fine from there.

just doing 'make USE_128BIT=yes install' fetched and extracted Fortify
but not netscape.

'make extract' extracted netscape as expected,
but 'make USE_128BIT=yes extract' would extract fortify but not
netscape.  'make extract' followed by 'make USE_128BIT=yes extract'
would extract fortify but delete the netscape directory
created with the previous command.  so I had to extract
fortify by hand.

of course it often core dumps when I try to save my configuration.
I have yet to try a site that requires the 128-bit stuff.

Hope this helps :)