Date:      Fri, 04 Feb 2011 08:46:34 -0800
From:      Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net>
To:        Patrick Lamaiziere <patfbsd@davenulle.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why can't I install icu?

> Le Thu, 03 Feb 2011 22:15:09 -0800,
> Rem P Roberti<remegius@comcast.net>  a écrit :
>
>> Icu is a necessary dependency for Gimp, but I can't get it to
>> install. I checked UPDATING and it states that icu4 is now
>> deprecated, and one should install /devel/icu.  But when I try to do
>> that the file that is downloaded is icu4c, and the install goes along
>> until it chokes with this error message:
>>
>> SUMMARY:
>> ******* [Total error count:     1]
>>    Errors in
>> [/tsformat/ccaltst/TestCalendar]
>> Elapsed Time: 00:00:48.205
>> *** Error code 1
>> Stop in /usr/ports/devel/icu.
>>
>> Very frustrating.  I need to get Gimp onto my computer, and I can
>> install it as a package, but if I try to upgrade the program the
>> upgrade always chokes on icu at the same place, and with the same
>> error message.
> Are you using a locale? I've been hit in the past with bugs in the
> ICU tests suite when using fr_FR.
>
> It is just an idea... Regards.

Interesting.  When I installed 8.1 I naturally set my local area (west
coast US) for the time zone.  Is that what you refer to?  I also
scrolled further up the test list and found this, which is apparently
where the test is failing:

  tsformat  {
    ccaltst  {
     TestCalendar   {
!!    FAIL: ucal_getDefaultTimeZone() => U_BUFFER_OVERFLOW_ERROR
     } ---[1 ERRORS in /tsformat/ccaltst/TestCalendar]  (13ms)

Cheers...

Rem