Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:12:00 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compile a port without its dependencies?

Is there a way to compile a port without its dependencies?

I ask because recently I wanted two shlibs: wnck.so and rsvg.so (they are
provided by x11-toolkits/py-gnome-desktop). I didn't need all the
accompanying baggage (half of GNOME it seems), but it dragged in over 80
other packages.

In the end I let it have its way, copied the libs to a safe place, then
uninstalled all the packages and copied the libs back again.