Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:07:28 +0200
From:      Marek Florianczyk <franki@mentat.oko.com.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rsh problem

Hi

Let's say I'm logged on to server1 as root. I want to log using rsh to server2,
so: rsh -l some_user server2
Everything is fine and I get rlogin and password authentification
but there is problem when I try to send command with rsh, and not to log in
to server2:
rsh -l some_user server2 cat /etc/passwd
I got reply: Login incorrect
Why login is incorrect when I send command and is fine when I try to log in?
This is important for me, because I want to make rdump to remote machine
and rdump uses rsh, and I got errors.
In /etc/pam.conf there is nothing about rshd
I configured /etc/hosts.equive and .rhosts for some_user on server2 like this:
server1		some_user

server1 is linux redhat 7
server2 is FreeBSD 4.4RC5 OpenSSH 2.3.0 that I compiled from sources.

Please help
Marek