Date:      Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:33:10 +0100
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <oliver.blasnik@de.tiscali.com>
To:        <freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HME (Happy Meal Ethernet) and T1/105...

Hi there,

courius I was... So I installed the latest ISO Snapshot (20021031)
onto one of the T1/105. But (after trying other sparc64-*BSD ports)
there is just the same problem in the FreeBSD port:

the FIRST detected hme gets TWO phy's attached. It isn't working
at all. The next detected hme (two onboard...) has one phy and
does work well.

Then, another thing: the pci scan is in the wrong order. It detects
the devices "backwards" as other OS (and Solaris, too) will do
correctly. This gets to wrong device numbering (f. ex. hme0 and hme1
are swapped, they don't match the text written at the chassis).

I'm going to cvsup asap (is it in the "normal" cvs branch?), but
don't think that this behaviour has changed till now...

If there is need to have some (lets say: 2?) T1/105 in access
for developing, I can manage to setup them at our lab, connect
them with IP and can provide (IP-)access to a serial console
server, too.

Would be nice to see the 5.0R working on that systems ;)

Cu, Oliver