Date:      Fri, 27 Dec 1996 07:37:05 -0800
From:      Craig Shaver <craig@progroup.com>
To:        Marco González <cctel@vianet.com.mx>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please HELP in gettin Win95 connect to a BSD server with PPP and Squid

Marco González wrote:

> Hi everybody:
>
>         I had a setup of 20 PCs running win 3.1 under Novell 3.12 and using
> WINPKT to connect
> a FreeBSD internet server. This server is running FreeBSD 2.1, Squid and
> PPP. Everything is setup
> correctly since it works.

Then I assume all of the computers are on the same *ethernet* network,
and the BSD box connects to the outside world using PPP?

>         The problem is I now have 2 computers running Windows 95 and it does
> not like WINPKT at all.

Don't know what WINPKT is -- tcp/ip stack?  Win95 comes with a tcp/ip
stack.  I use the network setup to enter the DNS server and gateway as
the BSD box.  I give the Win95 box a ip number for my network.  It works
very well.  I also use Samba for a file and print server.

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088