Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 12:23:21 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>, Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

>     Most of this argument is just silly.  Even the most vehement anti-
> bloatists don't consider perl to be "an evil, bloated monster"; they just
> consider _it's inclusion in the base distribution_ to be AEBM.  While you

I don't see the difference from the POV of this discussion so this
paragraph of yours doesn't really parse for me.

>     In any case, I see none of this bloatist v. antibloatist propaganda
> as cogent here.  Tcl should not be part of the base system because it

It's imminently cogent - this is NOT just a technical issue, it's
an emotional one, and if you think that all software decisions are
made on purely technical merits then I have a certain tower in Paris
which I could make you a _great_ deal on. ;-)

					Jordan