Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 18:12:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
To:        Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ISA_PnP & pnp.c (was ISA_PnP & patch)

> Pnpinfo offers a variety of configurations; 'good', 'acceptable',
> and 'suboptimal'. pnpinfo gave me two 'good' configurations;
> IRQ 5 & ports 0x220, 0x330 & 0x388, basically in line with the
> settings listed in the sb16 manual.  The other 'good' choice
> is IRQ 10 & ports 0x168, 0x36e, no DMA listed.

You can use any of the Suboptimal configurations (these configurations
are no better or worse for FreeBSD).  For example:
0x220, 0x300, 0x388 is valid because:

Device decodes the full 16-bit ISA address
I/O Range maximum address: 0x220
I/O Range maximum address: 0x280
I/O alignment for minimum: 32
I/O length: 16
Device decodes the full 16-bit ISA address
I/O Range maximum address: 0x300          <----------- You can pick any base
I/O Range maximum address: 0x330          <----------- between these values
I/O alignment for minimum: 48
I/O length: 2
Device decodes the full 16-bit ISA address
I/O Range maximum address: 0x388
I/O Range maximum address: 0x388
I/O alignment for minimum: 1
I/O length: 4