Date:      Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:01:53 -0400
From:      Chris Forgeron <cforgeron@acsi.ca>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>, Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.frmug.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: missing files in readdir(3) on NFS export of ZFS volume (since v28?)

Interesting - I'm having the same problem, but I thought it was due to some tweaking I was doing to NFS to force it into async mode from a ESX mount, and to remove the last of giant_lock. Now that someone else is having the same problem, maybe it's not my tweaks.

I've found that if I create a new folder, and copy the files into that folder, it often fixes it. Sometimes I need to make the folder via NFS for this to work. I just did it twice today in fact.

I see that r219404 fixed it for him - What was the change in r219404 that made the difference here? I guess I could go diff the code to find out.. :-)