Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:37:47 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        phk@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: tcl -- what's going on here.

On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

I agree to Terry Lamberts arguments that integrating TCL into the
main source tree might be not the right idea.

If there are people writing admin tools for FreeBSD, they could
make a port of it, that depends on the other needed ports ...

So we could remove tcl from the main source tree and finish the
debate ;-))

Bring back in mind: KISS

	"Keep It Small and Simple"

Generally it was a cool idea, to bring in the ports collection
stuff into the main source tree, because it really saves a lot
of time. But from the cosmetic sight of view I think it's doen't
fit in the old "look and feel".

With the old look and feel I mean the nice source tree, where
you can browse through the sources with grep ...

Now I have to unpack tcl first before I can browse the sources ?!
Not so cool, this is a mis-feature !

Would be nice if the consens would be, to bmake or remove it.
The main source tree should be "grep-browseable" by default
without doing make extracts (*shudder*).

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de