Date:      Sun, 21 Jul 1996 16:35:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel make error. (Config file included)

On Sun, 21 Jul 1996, Ken Marsh wrote:

> > > machdep.o: Undefined symbol `_netisr_set' referenced from text segment ***
> > > Error code 1

> #options	INET			#InterNETworking

Eek. I'd put this back in.  BSD is very net-based (even w/o a network
card).

> #options	"COMPAT_43"		#Compatible with BSD 4.3

Some stuff still requires this (ie xterm), so be prepared to recompile
with this back in.

> #pseudo-device	loop

I'd throw this one back in too.  The system uses the loopback interface a
lot.

> #pseudo-device	ether

This one too.

> pseudo-device	log
> #pseudo-device	sl	1
> # ijppp uses tun instead of ppp device
> #pseudo-device	ppp	1
> #pseudo-device	tun	1

No networking at all?  Not even dialup?

Try putting those back in and see what you get.