Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 12:07:37 +0900 (JST)
From:      chat95@mbox.kyoto-inet.or.jp (Nakata Maho)
To:        john.j.oneill@intel.com
Cc:        netchild@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: icc-6.0.1.304

Hi,

> The Intel 7.0 compilers added an option for -dynamic-linker to support
> FreeBSD.  7.0 compilers have recently become available, and I was wondering
> if you are able to directly generate executables.  Are there other features
> that would enhance using the Intel compilers under FreeBSD ?  FYI - I work
> for the Intel compiler support team.
Great!

I'm a maintainer of Intel Fortran Compiler, recently a person
in Japan manage to make FreeBSD's native binary, wonderful!!
However,we employed some cheats for it
and it seems to be insufficient. Some binaries only make coredumps.
In Fortran's case it is very difficult to make a native binary
since we should remake all the libraries(there's no headers or
something like for C/C++ case). To do this we have to analyze
hard-coded library calls.

There's no F90/F950 compiler for FreeBSD, so it is very
nice for us to release such a great compiler to FreeBSD.

Please consider to release Intel Fortran compilers for FreeBSD.

I'm interested in also MKL.

Sincerely yours,
 Nakata Maho / maho@FreeBSD.org