Date:      Tue, 09 Jul 1996 20:49:48 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Russell Epstein <drizzt@shadowlands.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multi-processors

[CC:'d back to questions as I dunno the answer to the second part ]

Russell Epstein wrote in message ID
<199607091754.MAA03074@shadowlands.com>:
> I know mudos does not support multi-processors.  I mainly wanted it
> for use of running other apps like emacs and compiling drivers
> etc...  I also use the machine for a few other purposes.  But I
> think we are just going to buy a P-166 and be done with it.

Probably wise. I'd love to see a MUD that could eat a P166! I know
that LambdaMOO too a SPARC down to it's knees, but that was a memory
problem (it's a memory hog) as far as I remember. That, and SPARC's
(or the ones that were used to run LambdaMOO on) aren't all that fast
by modern standards :-)

> Ohh yea one more question.  I noticed you have support for the
> Cyrinx chips.  I was looking at the Cyrinx 166 and it is 100 bucks
> cheaper than the P-166.  Have you seen any problems with the Cyrinx
> chips?

Dunno. Other readers of -questions care to comment?

Gary