Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2014 01:19:28 -0500
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Cory Dohm <cadatoiva@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Updating Master/Slave Ports

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Cory Dohm <cadatoiva@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to update the port pair net/libtorrent-rasterbar and
> net/libtorrent-rasterbar-python (slave port of net/libtorrent-rasterbar)
> from 0.16.17 to 1.0.2 because that is the latest stable release. I've never
> updated a port before, but found this tutorial
> (http://www.unix-experience.fr/2013/contribute-to-freebsd-port-tree/) that
> got me started. I can get net/libtorrent-rasterbar to make install and
> update with portmaster, but when I try to make/update the python slave I get
> this error:
>
> ===> libtorrent-rasterbar-1.0.2_1 is already installed
> You may wish to ``make deinstall'' and install this port again
> by ``make reinstall'' to upgrade it properly.
> If you really wish to overwrite the old port of libtorrent-rasterbar
> without deleting it first, set the variable "FORCE_PKG_REGISTER"
> in your environment or the "make install" command line.
>
> This error shows up even after using make deinstall on the master port,
> because it seems that the python slave is installing the master port as a
> dependency. However, it also did this with the 0.16 version and yet that one
> installs correctly. Any insight you can offer to help me resolve this issue
> is appreciated.

The net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar-python has a LIB_DEPENDS on
libtorrent-rasterbar.so from the net-p2p/libtorrent-rasterbar port.
Does this file exist in ${PREFIX}/lib?

Mk/bsd.port.mk uses ldconfig -r to find the LIB_DEPENDS.  Does
ldconfig -r | grep torrent-rasterbar find this file?

Could you post a log of building libtorrent-rasterbar-python that
shows this failure when libtorrent-rasterbar is installed.

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.