Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:53:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      Sabre <sabre@sabresdomain.com>
To:        Omachonu Ogali <oogali@intranova.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Question List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Quick IPFW rule help...

I allow all outgoing connections through:
$fwcmd add pass all from any to any out xmit ${oif}

and I allow packets to pass on the inside interface using:
$fwcmd add pass all from any to any via ${iif}

I've actually changed the rule so that it looks like this:
$fwcmd add pass log udp from any to any 17590-17599 in recv ${oif}
$fwcmd add pass log tcp from any to any 17590-17599 in recv ${oif} setup

because I thought they might be doing some TCP transfers as
well.  Basically I just need to open those ports up completely (which is
what I thought I was doing :/ )  I'm also probably going to open the port
for a Quake 3 server, so I need to be able to do this with the firewall :/
TIA,
Sabre