Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:59:21 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        John Purser <johnmpurser@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup error: Release not specified for collection - CVSup file included

John Purser wrote:

> Lets try this again.

this is better..

> My cvsupfile is copied from the examples directory.  The non-comment lines
> are:
> host=cvsup1.freebsd.org
> base=/usr
> prefix=/home/ncvs

There's your problem. Remove those lines. As they don't start with *default,
they're assumed to be collections. As you've specified the same things on
the three lines below, you can just delete them.

> *default host=cvsup1.freebsd.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/home/ncvs

> I (think I)really want to track the 3.4 release branch.

3.4-RELEASE isn't a branch, it's a tag. There's not much point cvsupping
it, as it will never change. (Well, it *could*, but I don't know why,
and it's very unlikely I think.) Do you not really want 3.4-STABLE? That
would be ``*default tag=RELENG_3''.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D