Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 1995 12:32:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCVT losing sync?

'Lo all,

Every once-in-a-while when I'm switching back and forth between
X-Windows on ttyv3, and my text terminals on ttyv0-ttyv2, I'll switch
to a text terminal and the screen will turn into a bunch of horizontal
lines.  Makes it look like the screen is in perpetual strikeout mode
and all the characters have disappeared.  I try switching back to X,
then back to each of the text screens, but it doesn't change.  I try
using scon to reset the screen, no go.

I know commands are still working because I can see the cursor move
accordingly as I type, I just can't see what I'm typing.  To date, the
only solution has been to pop over to an xterm and shutdown the
system...not the preferred method.

Anybody know a way to tell PCVT to reset itself?

Cheers,
--
( -Wes Santee <wsantee@wsantee.oz.net>  |                                )
(             <wsantee@oz.net> (backup) | No one told you when to run... )