Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:32:30 -0400
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: web browser plugin strategy for FreeBSD 5.2.1

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:21:26 -0500
"Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com> wrote:

> On Monday 12 July 2004 11:01 am, epilogue wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:13:42 +0800
> >
> > jqdkf@army.com wrote:

> > linux-opera +
> > linux-flashplugin7 +
> > acroread5 +
> > jdk1.4.2
> >
> > ...works very well for me.
> >
> > note, that linux_sun_jdk (which you use with linux-opera) seems to be
> > installed at the same time as the native jdk1.4.2, so you get both
> > via 1 install (though it 'does' take a while to compile  ;)
> >

> How did you tell linux-opera where java was located?  When I tried
> browing for the java path in linux-opera's preferences window, I
> couldn't get out of the compat/linux area.

when you click on 'choose' and get your pop-up window, the navigation
buttons (arrow up, '..', and others) will be of little use to escape the
linux compat realm recognized by linux-opera.  an annoying behaviour
indeed.

the following should do the trick:
	1) click in the look-in field
	2) erase the current entry (/usr/compat/whatever)
	3) then manually type something like /usr/local and navigate from there.

hope this helps.

cheers,
epi