Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 2004 14:09:51 -0700
From:      Vicki Brown <vlb@cfcl.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is there a mechanism for suggesting a package to be added to ports?

Is there a mechanism for suggesting a package to be added to the
Ports Collection?

I have been personally trying to port synopsis 0.7 (
http://synopsis.fresco.org/index.html) with no success so far.
Synopsis is a general source code documentation tool wiith
(currently) support for C++ and Python.

When I try to build the code, I lose traction in a source file that
wants to use the g++ math library.  I don't _think_ the port should
be particularly difficult... for someone who understands such things.
The build system requires a Posix environment with GNU make and GNU
autoconf installed.

Unfortunately, Python/C/C++ is not my forte and the folks on the
synopsis mailing list don't use FreeBSD.

I'd surely love to see synopsis added to the Ports collection.

--
- Vicki

Vicki Brown       ZZZ                Journeyman Sourceror:
SF Bay Area, CA      zz  |\     _,,,---,,_      Scripts & Philtres
http://www.cfcl.com/  zz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ Code, Docs, Process, QA
http://cfcl.com/vlb/    |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Perl, Unix, Mac OS X, WWW