Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 1997 11:32:50 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Bill Grunfelder" <wjgrun@cyberwar.com>
Subject:   Re: RADIUS - use alternate unix password file?

From: Bill Grunfelder <wjgrun@cyberwar.com>

>Is it possible to use a unix password file other than /etc/passwd?  I
don't
>want to use the system password file -- the users will not have an
account
>on the machine...

I think you can run Radiusd in a chroot'ed environment, but I'm not sure
this will help, as radiusd doesn't access /etc/master.passwd directly.  You
may want to just go with the radius users file.

I do wonder though, if users don't have actual accounts on the system, how
do they change their passwords, get email, etc...

Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services
http://www.i-Plus.net