Date:      Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:47:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Douglas Denault <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pkg_add help

I am trying to install kde-3 via package add. I can not because /var is filling
up. After a few attemps I tried:

    pkg_add -p /usr/tmp -t /usr/tmp/instmp.XXXXXX -r kde

I can still watch /var/tmp fill up. I finally seemed to make things work by
setting PKG_TMPDIR. I guess I do not understand the purpose of the -p and -t
operands. Any pointers appreciated, I am quite lost on this.

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com
Voice: 301-469-8766