Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 16:50:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB DSL modem, is it supported?

I am soon getting a DSL modem from FreeDSL (www.freedsl.com).
As you might know, they are giving away freedsl access and
a free modem.

My question is, will the DSL modem that I am getting be
compatible with FreeBSD?

They have offered two types of modems, a PCI and a USB modem.
The PCI modem is suppost to be ADSL, as also the USB modem.

Does freebsd support a generic driver for USB and/or PCI
ADSL modems?

I am either getting a Efficient SpeedStream 3060 (PCI Internal)
or an Efficient Speedstream 4060 (USB External).

Here are the specs on the two models:
http://www.efficient.com/products/usb/4060.html
http://www.efficient.com/products/internal/3060.html

I need an answer to this ASAP because I need to tell them
by April 30th as to which modem to give me.

Thank you for all of your help.

--bhishan