Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:04:36 +0800
From:      LI Xin <delphij@delphij.net>
To:        John Reynolds <johnjen@reynoldsnet.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: does the java/jdk15 port build under 7.0-CURRENT?

--------------enig13E7F7B936D5B2B224388DC4

John Reynolds wrote:
> Hello all, I recently built up a new box running 7.0-CURRENT (to get su=
pport
> for devices on a new motherboard I bought). Everything's been going gre=
at thus
> far (kudo's to all involved!) but as I was building the java/jdk15 port=
 tonight
> I ran into a problem. I had previously built this on a 6.2-STABLE machi=
ne with
> no hassles. I've fetched all the distfiles by hand and put them into th=
e right
> place. The port build goes on and on and finally ends with the followin=
> cut-n-pasted below. Is this port "supposed" to build on 7.0-CURRENT? Wh=
at else
> can I check to make sure I've got in place to make it succeed?

I have built a native java from java/jdk15 by bootstraping from
diablo-jdk15 with help of misc/compat6x and it was succeeded.  My system
was FreeBSD/amd64 7.0-CURRENT no older than a week, and so far as I am
aware there is no significant changes introduced recently, so my answer
is that, try diablo-jdk (remove BROKEN line which warns you about
compat6x and install compat6x when need).

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!