Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 11:00:40 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Cc:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more

On Sun, Sep 12, 1999 at 10:38:01AM -0400, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

> Of course, one really wonders why we need "/\n" to be a synonym for
> "n", but I hadn't meant to change this behaviour.

Because it works in vi(1), and I'm used to it?

Actually, I use less(1) exclusively, so I don't care, but that is
simply how I am used to repeating a search.  I learned it before
"n".

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * UNIX is a lever for the
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           * intellect. -J.R. Mashey