Date:      Fri, 27 May 2011 10:23:54 +0300
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SES/SAF-TE + SATA == SEMB!

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Friday 27 May 2011 09:00:51 Alexander Motin wrote:
>> YAY!
>>
>> So now three questions:
>> 1. Does anybody else have alike hardware and wish to test it?
>> 2. Patch reviews are welcome.
>> 3. Is there any software except share/examples/ses working with ses(4)
>> and/or some good use practices?
>
> Does it work with USB?

SEMB is ATA-specific. I've never heard about SES/SAF-TE on USB, but I
think more likely it will be reported as usual SCSI Enclosure Services
device -- there is no need to invent something new. Technically for ATA
it also could be made as regular ATAPI (SCSI) device, but for some
reason it was made in custom way.

--
Alexander Motin