Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:29:53 +0200
From:      Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>
To:        Hae Sung Kim/SEL/Lotus <Hae_Sung_Kim@lotus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can I set-up freebsd into my ThinkPad notebook?

Hi,

I assume you want to install from the Net thru a Lan gateway
Two cases :
1- you have a Nic recognized by GENERIC kernel, these cards are
IBM/National Semiconductor PCMCIA ethernet controller and 3Com PCMCIA
Etherlink III. Get floppies image from
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/3.2-RELEASE/floppies (kern.flp &
mfs.flp), fdimage them on floppies then boot your Thinkpad. Your nic
should be recognised and then follow novice installation and specify ftp
media to install packages (as for floppies, choose the closest ftp
mirror for your country, list is on www.freebsd.org).
2- your card is not one of the above, go to http://www.jp.freebsd.org
and have a look at PAO package.

Regards,