Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 1998 17:13:02 -0700
From:      "Gravel, Emmanuel (AZ77)" <Emmanuel.Gravel@CAS.honeywell.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Install glitches

The message I sent hasn't appeared in quite a while on the list,
so I'm sending it again, just in case.

Doug White wrote:
>You don't need to do bad144.  If you do you should
>buy a new disk instead.

It's not a question of needing to do it (it's a fairly new
drive).  It's more a question of, since it's there, why
doesn't it work in my case, and what can I do to change
that (if anything).

>Do you want to download all of KDE, or just Qt?  I'll take what
>I can get on CD and download only what I need. :)
[...]
>Qt can't be sold for profit without a license.  The Walnut Creek
>CD is being sold for profit.

That's what I figured (in a sense).  But why isn't there a notice
stating that for a CD-Rom install, the user who wants to run KDE
(this IS the default, isn't it?) will need to get QT from the net?

Also, I mentionned pgp262 and rsaref.  I've gotten pgp2.6.2
from the net, but I have no clue where to find rsaref.
Chances are they aren't on the CD's either (encryption export
restriction) so I'll have to get both of them from the net also.
I know they have pgp5.0i on the FreeBSD site.  I'm not sure
which of the packages required these two programs, but I know
there were many.  Why not leave a notice in the package
installation program that says that these packages can't be
placed on CD and have to be downloaded separately?  It
would just be a lot easier for a first time installer to quickly
understand what's not working and why, and how to fix it.

Sorry if this message is formatted strangely, I still haven't
figured out how to make Outlook behave (and I can't use
Netscape to read MS Mailboxes...)

Thanks for your help!

Manu