Date:      Fri, 25 Nov 2005 10:28:28 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD ccache port is wonderfiul!

On Monday 21 November 2005 15:25, Michael C. Shultz wrote:

> ps: I cc'ed freebsd-ports@freebsd.org in case others like myself haven't
> heard of this program yet, it may be found in /usr/ports/devel/ccache.

I'm looking at it now, and have a small question. Reading the howto-freebsd
I'll have to insert the following into etc/make.conf:

.if !defined(NOCCACHE)
 .if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/src*}
 CC=/usr/local/libexec/ccache/cc
 CXX=/usr/local/libexec/ccache/c++
 .else
 CC=cc
 CXX=c++
 .endif
 .else
 CC=/usr/bin/cc
 CXX=/usr/bin/c++
 .endif

I don't know much shell-scripting, so I'm not entirely sure what
${.CURDIR:M/usr/src*} does. But to me it looks like ccache will be called
upon only when the current directory is beneath /usr/src; ie.
world/kernel-builds. Should I make another if-statement for /usr/ports? Or do
I have it all wrong?

Bjarne