Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 10:01:53 +0930
From:      "Martin Minkus" <diskiller@diskiller.net>
To:        "'John Hay'" <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>, "'Terry Lambert'" <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 802.11: WaveLAN/Orinoco Cards

> > Martin Minkus wrote:
> > > But it's a standard WaveLAN/Orinico card, which is what the wi
> > > driver is intended for?
> > >
> > > I never had to worry about any of this when I had the old
> > > white/bronze 2mbit wavelan cards, but with silver and gold cards,
> > > its been nothing but fun and games....
> >
> > I suppose I can understand wanting to control the data rate
> manually
> > because you can, rather than just being happy it works at
> the highest
> > data rate...
> >
> > The only thing I could suggest would be to contact the
> driver author
> > directly and/or sign an NDA and get the programming docs yourself.
> > I'm pretty sure Julian could answer yes/no questions about the card
> > speed setttings.
> >

> Nothing as drastic as that. It is/was a bug and has been fixed:
>
> revision 1.100
> date: 2002/04/14 23:18:40;  author: brooks;  state: Exp;
> lines: +15 -0 Fix tx-rate setting for Lucent cards.

Oh, okay.

silence:~> uname -a
FreeBSD silence.diskiller.net 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #8: Fri Apr
5 21:43:06 CST 2002
diskiller@silence.diskiller.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/SILENCE  i386
silence:~>

April 5. So if I cvsup and make world/build a new kernel, I should have
that fix then :)

Thanks,
Martin.