Date:      Wed, 3 Jul 1996 23:46:01 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@originat.demon.co.uk>
To:        shovey@buffnet.net (steve hovey)
Cc:        searle@longacre.demon.co.uk, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IDE+SCSI?

> On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Michael Searle wrote:
>
> > Are there any problems with having a SCSI and IDE drives in the same
> > computer under FreeBSD? The boot drive would be the SCSI, dual booting
> > DOS/FreeBSD. There would be DOS and FreeBSD partitions on the IDE drive.
>
> I have mixed boxes the the boot drive must be the IDE I believe.

If you disable the IDE drives in the BIOS then it'll boot from the
scsi and FreeBSD will still find the IDE drives. I had this working
on an old box of mine fine but you may have to fiddle around to get
it to work.

--
  Paul Richards, Originative Solutions Ltd.
  Phone: 0370 462071 (Mobile), +44 1225 447500 (work)