Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:47:19 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: how to test for linux base version?  (googleearth)

Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 12:13:20AM +0400, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>> Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de> writes:

>> > Ah Ok.  (Does f10 work well enough on 7.x yet?)
>>
>> Well, there is no choice anyway. We do have fc4 and f10 infractructure
>> ports. I think it's wise to use apropriate base ports. I don't think
>> there is any difference between f9 and f10 linux base ports.
>>
> Oh I was more thinking of f8 since we have nonbase ports for that too...

Hm, but it were you who said that only f9 and f10 base ports had
libstdc++.so.6 with apropriate symbols. ;-)

About f8 ports. Almost all current linux ports play well with f10
ports at 7.2, 8.0 and 9-CURRENT. Only one exception I'm aware is
acroread9 (a linux syscall should be implemented). If those ports
(f8) are usefull for 7.0 and 7.1 (6.x doesn't have apropriate
kernel sources) then they should stay until 7.0 and 7.1 are EOLed.

--
WBR, bsam