Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 23:16:10 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha ports collection?

On Thu, 31 Dec 1998, Hidetoshi Shimokawa wrote:

>I have built packages with Asami-san's new build method.

Hmm, I just went surfing this and a couple of mine don't work.  One in
particular is asapm, which doesn't actually surprise me since it's a
laptop applet.  However, I'm surprised at the failure mode:

===>  Building for asapm-2.3
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/X11R6/include   -c apm_react.c
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/X11R6/include   -c apm_rc.c
cc -O -pipe  -I/usr/X11R6/include   -c apm_read.c
apm_read.c:24: machine/apm_bios.h: No such file or directory

I surfed the CVS tree a bit, and of course...there's no apm_bios.h file in
the Alpha tree, so maybe I'm not so surprised.  Is that because there's no
apm stuff for the Alpha?

I don't see any hope for fixing this.  (A cursory browse of the OpenBSD
Alpha source tree confirmed they don't have this file either.)  I don't
know if there's been some sort of BROKEN_ALPHA flag invented yet, but this
port is a strong candidate for that if it becomes the case.

Happy trails,

Brian