Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 2003 01:46:59 -0400
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        FreeBSD ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgconfig:Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found

Victor,
> What I actually have is /usr/local/lib/libintl.so.4 - could somebody
> give me a hint what to do about this?

Rebuild all the ports which depend on the port which includes libintl (ie.
gettext-0.12.1). The recent update left quite a few ports looking for the
.4 version.

Look for the png example in portupgrade(1) for an easy way to do this, but
if that doesn't catch everything, then you can try to find everything
linked against that lib with something like...

# find /usr/{X11R6,local}/{bin.lib} -type f | while read lib; do ldd $lib
2>&- | egrep -q libintl\.so\.4 && echo $lib; done

If there's a way to relink an existing binary or .so  to a different .so,
then I'd love to know it. Of course that presumes compatibility in all
calls and is a fine length of rope with a free bullet clip thrown in.

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |