Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 07:54:16 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: this spam

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

On 11/26/01 02:22 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt sat at the `puter and typed:
> . . .
> Another common scam is setting a website up with banner adverts on it, th=
en
> spamming the world with an e-mail with the site URL in it.  People often =
will
> go to the site to get the spammers real e-mail address and their site acc=
ess
> will increment the banner advertisement counter and put another .0001 cen=
t in
> the account of the spammer.  If that ever happens to you you always want =
> take
> the time to e-mail the advertiser in the banner as to what's going on, so
> they can pull their advertising from the spammers website.

Very good idea.  Never thought of that myself.  Of course it would
have me cruising porn sites half the day . . . NSWTMOT

--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

Menu, n.:
  A list of dishes which the restaurant has just run out of.

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw

--XOIedfhf+7KOe/yw--