Date:      Wed, 13 May 2020 17:15:06 +0300
From:      Yuri Pankov <ypankov@fastmail.com>
To:        Ekalavya <ekalavya.bsd@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Viewing loader tunables in console

Ekalavya wrote:
> I know that sysctl tunables are viewable using the sysctl command, but I
> am having trouble viewing loader tunables like kern.vt.fb.default_mode.
> I need to know this before I start setting values for them in my
> loader.conf file. How do I do this?

There's no default value, most likely, and according to man page, the
default_mode one is only used with KMS video driver, are you using one?

Looking at the older drm code that is still in tree
(sys/dev/drm2/drm_fb_helper.c), all it does is reading per-output
setting, and if none, using the default_mode one.  Most likely the newer
in ports does the same; I didn't check and don't have access to anything
using drm drivers at the moment.