Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:00:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeeBSD/Alpha ports collection

I've finally made good on a promise that I made many moons ago.
Anyone interested in using pre-packaged ports on their FreeBSD/
Alpha can now obtain them here:

	ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/alpha/packages

What's there now is my first full build.  It is a meager showing
with only about half of the 2200 ports present.  I've fixed a
few little problems in my build script and am currently running
another build.  It is nearing the end of ports/lang and it has
already packaged 900+ ports so there should be quite a few more
there the next time.

Some of them are still pretty rough and may not actually run
since I couldn't really test all of them thoroughly.  I welcome
any and all comments/suggestions/flames.  You can send them to
me (steve@freebsd.org) or this list as appropriate.

To start with and hardware/time permitting I'm going to try and
get out a new set about once a week.  I'm also making a concerted
effort to cleanup the build scripts so that they others may use
them for similar endeavors.

A special thanks to Jordan, Mike Smith, and the rest of the WC
gang for building, setting up, and sending me a killer piece of
hardware for doing the builds.  An honorable mention also goes
to Satoshi Asami for populating the ftp site with the packages
that I sent to him.

Enjoy!

-steve