Date:      Sun, 17 May 1998 13:37:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Problems ftp'ing after upgared to STABLE (ppp with alliasing)

	i have a FreeBSD machine that I have been using fr the internet gateway
	for my local network for more than a year now. It was at an older
	version of 2.2 with a slightly newer version of ppp.

	Now I have upograded to STABLE, and done a make world. I am now having
	trouble conecting to certain ft sites from witer this machine, or the
	ones it gatways for Here is what I am getting:

	# ftp rah.star-gate.com
	Connected to rah.star-gate.com.
	421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

	Yet I am able t ake a connection by telneting to the ISP's machine and
	doing it from there.

	Is thier some new configuration flag I need to set to allow this to
	work?

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955