Date:      28 Apr 1998 18:45:44 -0500
From:      sfarrell+lists@farrell.org
To:        chas <panda@peace.com.my>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which file to edit/delete for rebuilding ports ?

chas <panda@peace.com.my> writes:

> In the past with other ports, I have deleted the contents of
> the /work directory and rebuilt from scratch. However, it would

make clean does this for you.

> be a shame to have to recompile the 2 hours of files that did
> compile correctly.

hmm...

> I edited /work/xc/xmakefile and /work/xc/config/cf/site.def
> without desired results.
>
> Bottomline : wondering how to force a 'make install' to forget
> previous configurations whilst still being able to use any
> intermediary files compiled.

probably not worth the trouble.  you don't know which of those
compiled objects contain code whic depends on the configuration.  just
be happy you're not the one that has to do the compiling for two hours
and have some fun--go see a movie or something.

--

Steve Farrell