Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:12:38 -0400
From:      "Brian A. Seklecki" <bseklecki@collaborativefusion.com>
To:        "B. Bonev" <b_bonev@mail.orbitel.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fault tolerance with FreeBSD for old DOS app

On Mon, 2008-03-24 at 19:36 +0200, B. Bonev wrote:
> I want advice for old DOS app on Windows PC, that I need to make on 2 PC-s
> fault tolerant. Any advice for working solution on FreeBSD?

Yep...rewrite the database in SQL with a PHP front end.  Import the data
from the old system.  Use a Radware/F5 Load Balancer for the web and
Slony-I for the database replication.

Welcome to 2008.

~BAS

P.S. In reality you could likely do a HA-VMWare GSX virtual machine with
synchronized failover, but that's off-topic here.