Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:21:48 -0500
From:      Peter Schultz <peter@jocose.org>
To:        Makoto Matsushita <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall fatal error

Makoto Matsushita wrote:
> peter> After the install gets going and it's extracting base, I get:
> peter> Fatal Error: Invalid realloc size of 0! - PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT
>
> Which media did you try to get distribution, ftp or CD-ROM?  I doubt
> if you did ftp install from snapshots.jp.FreeBSD.org...

Floppy via passive ftp.  I've done it numerous times in the past, is it
not a good idea?  I specifically chose the snapshots server from the list.

Unfortunately I cannot boot my 4.8 partition after this.  Is there a way
to fix the partition?  The linux partition I have was spared, so I think
the data on the 4.8 partition is still there, but I'm not sure how to
get to it.

Pete...