Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:03:06 +0200
From:      Silakhdar Krikeb <Silakhdar.Krikeb@uab.ericsson.se>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD installation =?iso-8859-1?Q?f=F6r?= a newbie

Hi!
I'm trying to install FreeBSD (freebsd 4.3-release) for the first time.
Earlier i hade linux and win98 that worked fine. I removed linux and
repartitioned the mig hard disk into two primary partitions (i used
PartitionMagic). the win98 partition is 1800M. The Freebsd partition
would be about 4349M.
The problem that i faced was that Freebsd didn't recognize the geometry
of my harddisk, which is 784/255/63 (C/H/S).
FreeBSD's FDISK editor show allways the value 204/255/63 (which means
that the harddisk has only 1880M)
I tried to change the values (C/H/S) from the FDISK EDITOR during the
installation process using the the commando G = set set geometry. But
this didn't work.
Any idea what to do?

With best regards.
Silakhdar Krikeb