Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:11:00 -0700
From:      "Samuel Clements" <sclements@linkline.com>
To:        "'Ketrien I. Saihr-Kesenchedra'" <ketrien@error404.nls.net>, "'Marc G. Fournier'" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: RFC: Chenbro Chassis (RM214)

> As far as Chenbro, avoid at all costs. We had nothing but trouble with
> them. The backplane connections are non-standard (male to female,) and the
> backplanes frequently lost entire channels due to shoddy quality and
> failing to follow SCSI specifications. Heat was a constant problem due to
> flawed layout, and the fans were pretty much worthless. I wouldn't take
> another one if someone paid me.

We've had really good experiences with the RM225 chassis from chenbro, but
they do not use backplanes and yes, we do replace the fans with ball-bearing
ones. This particular chassis is excellent for use if you only need two
fixed hard drives and/or multiple 3.5 or 5.25 devices. I don't know if it's
qualified for this particular board or not, but you may want to ask your
reseller about available PSU's, etc...
  -Sam