Date:      Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:38:56 -0600
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel won't build - atomic.c/atomic.h errors...

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  I posted a message the other day to this list, and have yet to see a single response.

This is from a completely fresh cvsup of everything.

buildworld succeeds, but the kernel build fails on atomic.c with the following message about the ATOMIC_ASM macros in atomic.h.

The archetecture is 5.0-really-current on an SMP P2-333 machine.

the message seems to be: "inconsistent operand constraints in an `asm'"

I checked the CVS sebsite, and noticed a change three weeks ago in atomic.h, but atomic.c hasn't been changed in better than a year.

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!