Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:15:27 -0500
From:      Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
To:        C J Michaels <cjm2@earthling.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: buildworld error during "stage 1: bootstrap tools" (yyfix)

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 02:48:13PM -0500, Christopher J. Michaels wrote:
: FreeBSD cartman.lan.27in.tv 4.5-STABLE FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #6: Tue Jan 29 22:51:31 EST 2002     root@cartman.lan.27in.tv:/usr/local/obj/usr/local/src/sys/CARTMAN  i386
:
: Hello,
:
: CVSup'd as of several minutes ago (14:40 EST).  My buildworld is dying
: VERY early trying to install "yyfix".  The complete output is listed
: below.

[snip]

: install: /usr/local/obj/usr/bin/yyfix: No such file or directory
: *** Error code 71
:
: Stop in /usr/local/src/usr.bin/yacc.
: *** Error code 1

Are you by any chance setting MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX in /etc/make.conf.  I had
this problem last night.

I changed the line from:

"MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX= /obj" to "MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX?= /obj" and everything
worked fine.

Hope this helps...

        --Jerry

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!