Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:29:50 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        gula nito <gulanito@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failing to compile a new kernel

gula nito <gulanito@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, Im trying to compile a new kernel, but when I try to make it , I
> receive the following error:
> *
> ***Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TEST28JUL09.
> ***Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.
> ***Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/src.*

The actual error was a little higher up.

> The last "MAKE" that appears in the terminal was *"MAKE=make sh
> /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh TEST28JUL09"*

First of all, you can usually stick with the GENERIC kernel unless you
need something particular.

If you are going to change it, then the approach you should take is to
make a few changes at a time.  That way, if the build fails, you can
reverse those changes and figure out what was wrong with them.

> I adjunt the configuration file

Looks like you included NFS_LOCKD without including NFS.

		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/